Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 181 29-04-2004 , 07:33 AM

Originally posted by BulletProof
I'm not that great artist...still lot to learn in MAYA...I'd dare to call myself a photoshop-pro....but in Maya I'm a bit over Noobie-Stage.

*takeshatoff* [/B]

I think you are great with maya to, i mean if you can model wasp like that you can model everything, and what is DOF???

THX for pic`s

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 182 29-04-2004 , 08:10 AM
Subscriber
DOF -> Depth of Field....you as photographer should know how that works..don't know the english terms in photography..so I can't explain it any better...

but you know..the effect, when the focus is the only sharp part of the object, and the more it's in the background/foreground, the more it's blurred...

# 183 29-04-2004 , 09:08 AM
@BulletProof:
Ofcours i know, in photographi you acieve it with blend (hope type it properly), and jes i don`t now englesh terms user added image, when you typed depth of field i understend what you are talking abouth, thx mate

Kurt dof would be greate for scene!! Hope you will manage to make it mate, and give us hgh res pic user added image

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 184 29-04-2004 , 09:18 AM
Subscriber
Kurt..if you want full control over the DOF-effect..render the scene with a Z-Channel...open with Photoshop CS....using the new Blur Filter, with the Z-Channel selected...now you can adjust the effect..in real time...

if using other versions of Photoshop you need a plugins...for example lenscare from Frischluft

# 185 29-04-2004 , 10:04 PM
Kevin
wow kurt that is lookg bloody fantastic... improving day by day!

I think you have advanced in your work (especially textures / lights) more then anyone

top stuff

# 186 29-04-2004 , 10:08 PM
Kevin
kurt one more thing, I have searched through the challenge thread over on that other site...hmm now whats the name..

any ways I think yours is one of the best, most I see was the normal woman / man with wires and stuff, same old same old, and some where so over the top like

"lets fill this up with so much detail because I can"

but your is unique, uncluttered and classy... sometimes a little space is the difference, like in music.. that extra bit of quite make the next chord all that more interesting.... well done to you

# 187 29-04-2004 , 10:26 PM
Thanks Bossman

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 188 30-04-2004 , 07:09 AM
Subscriber
Nothing to add to Kevin's comment....focus on the important elements !!

# 189 30-04-2004 , 04:31 PM
Played with the color of the metal.... much happier with it...

Now off to add some dribbles of water on some of the leaves and add that DOF.....

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 190 30-04-2004 , 10:17 PM
Ok nice green reflection, now are we all ready for some high res renders???:p

# 191 01-05-2004 , 02:52 PM
Technical Director
OMG! GREAT WORK KURT!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 192 01-05-2004 , 03:46 PM
Played a bit with Dof.. still have to add some dribbles of water....

Attached Thumbnails

# 193 01-05-2004 , 04:00 PM
Kevin
totally awesome mate! user added image

bossman proud of you

# 194 01-05-2004 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
Turning out really niiiiiiice !! ;O)

So just a bit finetuning...and I'd say: let him out into the great wide world user added image

# 195 01-05-2004 , 07:07 PM
that is so cool! good luck with the challenge:tup: