Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-03-2005 , 04:38 PM

particle text

HI (genius)PPL from all over the world,

I dono how to explain my problem but..i ll tell wat i was looking for....I m tyring to create a text " MAY " and i want particles in the shape of MAY. Some thin like pick shape and particles will pour into the shape tightly. so that i can thn apple gravity field to them and make them fall . some how i aceived it...by using text command and applying Emit from object particles took the shape of the text but they were in pattern of the polygonal vertex. i want randomised particle filling in the text shape so when i look at the text I should clearly read it as MAY.....I belive...there must be some intelligent way of doing this....particle text...

helpp????
user added image user added image

sam
# 2 01-04-2005 , 05:23 AM
You could make solid text (I think either NURBS or POLYs will work) and then say Emit from Object. In the Emitter Attributes set the type from Omni to Surface, the bring the the Emission Rate. Hope this helps.

user added image

# 3 01-04-2005 , 05:55 AM
Subscriber
make the texts transparent, and emit particals inside each letter. Make the text object colition objects with the particals.. they will just become containers for them. tern off the emitters after they fill the text to the desired valume. Might try that.

# 4 01-04-2005 , 05:21 PM
kewl thnxxx cavin - pony

both the method wrked i acheived wat i wanted by eiher ways.....kewl .

sam
# 5 05-04-2005 , 03:28 PM

particle swirls

you also might try this tutorial on alias wavefront's website...if i can recall correctly you have to be a bronze member to access the tutorial but it is free to subscribe...

the technique uses an image plane with a logo on it and uses particle movement to swirl into the shape of the image...it really produces this amazing effect...

https://www.alias.com/eng/community/t...odule=dynamics

the tutorial is titled..."maya fluids:using fluids to form an image"