Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 25-08-2007 , 01:32 PM
Nice looking chopper!!

Last edited by DaveMation; 25-08-2007 at 01:39 PM.
# 17 20-09-2007 , 12:30 PM

Originally posted by mustafallica
umm, this may sound weird, but is the instructor Kurt Boutlier ??
thanks user added image

oh and is there anyway to know which version of maya the tutorial used?, thanks

No, the tutorial is done by kbrown. I can't remember offhand which version he used but it's an older one...5 or 6, maybe. It shouldn't make much of a difference as it's basic poly modeling. You'll set up a custom shelf with the most commonly-used tools (cut, split poly, extrude, etc.) and all the modeling is complete step-by-step, which is why it's lengthy. I'd recommend this to anyone...was one of my favorites. Good confidence builder if you're struggling with your modeling skills.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 18 18-10-2007 , 02:30 AM
This is definitely one for testing your skills for patients in modeling. Great Tutorial on step by step for beginners, which I am one of them. I usually model in LightWave mostly, even though I have alot of the Maya tuts and application user added image.

If you complete this one from Modeling, Texturing, and to the final Animation, than you will really know if you want to be in this field. Probably like most CGI artist and me, I just can not get enough of modeling most of the time. Like they say, too much of one thing is not good for you user added image.

# 19 20-10-2007 , 09:20 AM

https://visual-angle.com
https://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=5027
# 20 10-06-2008 , 05:39 PM

Originally posted by David
You'll know next month we're doing one a month user added image

5th was the dragon and it's not really the 4th best it's just our top 5 tutorials in no particular order.

David

soooo.......... really?

is this ever going to be finished, or did you stop at 4?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com