Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-01-2004 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber

Problems with rendering particles

Hello,
I have a problem.I'm a begginer when it comes to dynamics,but I have a problem. When i make particle object, set type to points or (any else), I then apply color to them useing shader or RGPpp in particels' atr. editor. When I'm in scene, they are the color they should be. But when I render it (useing hardware or soft. rederer), I can't see them at all. There's just a black background. What do I do wrong?

Tnx in advance!

# 2 18-01-2004 , 09:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
only particles labeled (s/w) meaning "software" will render with your normal render. Those would be "clouds", "tubes", and "blobby surface".

Everything else must be rendered using the Hardware render buffer found under Window > Rendering editors and rendered as a seperate pass that must be composited into your scene afterwards in Aftereffects or Premier or something similar.

This sounds like a good idea for a tutorial... think I might do that soon.

# 3 18-01-2004 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for help!
But shouldn't I see it with hardware renderer? If no, what is deference between soft. and hard. renderer?
And yes, I would appricate tutorial on this subject and think I'm not the only one!

# 4 24-01-2004 , 11:27 PM
The difference is that clouds, blobby surfaces and tube are software rendered, with your RAM fully, because their shape must be calculated in a way other than just calibrate their center point. The other particles that can be rendered with your hardware, do have a center and an 'all the same shape', wich cause them to be harware renderable. I don't see why maya couldn't make the hardware renderable particles be rendered with sofware render also... but they must have had a reason user added image

# 5 26-01-2004 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
Ok, tnx for explaining! user added image