Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-02-2004 , 10:53 PM

Monitor suggestions?

Ok, I've had it. I can't stand this piece of crap CTL monitor that came with my machine! I can't do anything unless its completly dark in the room, and even then, its too dark to see good detail (just to test it out, I looked at the current battle between fredrickson, pony, and pure_morning... and on my monitor, I can't even see some of the renders! On a macintosh, however, they are bright as day!)

Anyway, I know that PCs are generally darker than Macs, but there HAS to be a better monitor than what I currently have.

Any suggestions for a good monitor sub$300? (Im a poor college student)

thanks

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 2 12-02-2004 , 01:44 AM
If you're interested, I'm selling my 19" Lacie Electron Blue monitors for $250 each. Really nice monitors. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 12-02-2004 , 01:48 AM
SM Tea Boy
Well i picked up a 21" Sony multiscan 520 GS last week 2 years old for £150 quid and it rocks, best monitor I've ever used.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 12-02-2004 , 04:30 AM
Subscriber
you should be able to find some used stuff locally. I got a shop here in Toronto that sells grade A refurbished Dell 21" Monitors for 150.00 - 200.00 CDN. Dell monitors are actually trinitrons.