Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-11-2009 , 02:41 AM
Subscriber

another HELP! question

ok.. I think i found another hot key. this time instead it doesnt change colors and it's use is.. i have no idea.

I have somehow hidden the vertices on all curves i draw have drawn or whatever..

I have laid down many curves and they all gave the ability to view your <Control Vertex> vertices when needed.. now they just dont show up.. I am still able to manipulate the curve and whatnot.. but I cannot see the vertex to grab. they are hidden.

what's causing this?

would upload a pic but.. just imagine.. u draw a line with 8 vertices on it.. and uhm... you right click to control vertex and the curves change into control vertex mode.. but the vertex do not show up.

thanks!@

# 2 06-11-2009 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber
i got it >.>

but now i ask does this happen to you?

I had changed my viewport into to "high quality rendering" and i was checking out other details besides the vertices.. had to shut down maya and came back to it later to find this out..

But now I ask, does this happen to you? Why can you not see the vertex on the lines when you have it on high quality rendering. Or can you/

# 3 06-11-2009 , 06:12 AM
Technical Director
I'm not sure. I stay away from high quality mode. It seems to cause more problems than it solves, with me anyways.

It may have to do with your video card. What model is it? If it's a consumer card, ex Radeon or Geforce, you'll probably run into problems like these. The Radeon's, especially the newer ones, seem to work much better with OpenGL and Maya than the Geforces.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 06-11-2009 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
it's a quadro fx 4600.. It's a great card but.. I think I just dont know how to set it up properly.. or the software for it just plain sucks..

I used to be able to research this stuff and get things going..but.. times have changed.. and my time is precious now and I can't spend hours tinkering and tweaking >.>

# 5 07-11-2009 , 03:08 AM
Technical Director
Make sure everything in the nvidia control panel; make sure an application override for maya (if you have one, if not set your whole card's settings), set all the options to application preference. Don't use any overrides. That's just asking for trouble.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 07-11-2009 , 10:41 AM
The Nurb Herd
did you try going to show > nurb CVs in the viewport?