Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-05-2004 , 09:11 AM

help-fillet-blending

# 2 07-05-2004 , 12:53 PM
Maybe try this tut:

https://www.animagraph.com.br/DeathBr...m_Tutorial.htm

He tends to use fillet/trims for alot of his work. Btw, he has another tut on making a car wheel that's also a good one for practice, although you may have to play with the circular fillet settings (like reversing the direction) in order for it to turn out properly. Good practice though as it's alot of repetitive work.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 07-05-2004 , 01:31 PM

thanks

Thanks NitroLiq I know this tutorial. But I think that my problem is another. Circular fillet is for surfaces which is intersec.isn´t it? I wanted to use blend fillet. Conecting fillet to existing trimmed lines on surface. But when I choose it,surface was horrible. Some of little peaces trimed lines has changing reverse( i think becouse there was strip of fillet reverse, on the side where is that little peaces trimmed edge). But how I could change it when on trimed roundfillet objest is 3 disconected trimed edges peaces and they are something like isoparms and they can´t change reverse. I don´t understad it. Thanks....

# 4 07-05-2004 , 03:01 PM
Not sure. I've only used it a few times. Regardless, with NURBS, I usually make sure that the two pieces being joined have the same spans so they join correctly and seamlessly. Other than that, I can only point you to the help files, unfortunately. Trims can be very unwieldly to work with.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."