Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-03-2006 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber

move,scale, manipulator issues

i dont know what i have done but i dont see arrows anymore or the xyz. i have search the thread everywhere for an answer. wondering if you all might have a clue. i got the arrows back for move when i reset tool but not in all fields. i have reset everything back and UI reset back too ... help

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-03-2006 , 01:25 AM
try reinstalling your graphics carduser added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 15-03-2006 , 08:17 AM
Before you go thru all the trouble of re-installing your graphics card, you may just want to try double-clicking one of the tools . . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 4 15-03-2006 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
yeah i have already done that ...right now I am trying to find some drivers that are working ...i have tried some stuff and no longer working ..will keep ya posted ..if it cant be fixed ...good excuse to buy a 256 meg card

# 5 15-03-2006 , 05:33 PM

Originally posted by skywola
Before you go thru all the trouble of re-installing your graphics card, you may just want to try double-clicking one of the tools . . . .

I definatly think its the graphics card as it's been the solution to everyone thats posted here so far.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by double clicking one of the tools as it just brings up the tool options

# 6 15-03-2006 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
well i am borrowing friends card tonight .....and then talked to alias and ATI ..they want me to try some unofficial drivers on ati card and will see what is going on ..will post what happens after that ..i tried friends card gforce 5500 and working fine ...so it is card related or drivers ...with my ati card will try new drivers and post up

# 7 15-03-2006 , 06:06 PM
Gster, ya sound like a monomaniac, all I am suggesting that they try double clicking on the tool icon, if it don't work, that's fine, they can try your suggestion. My suggestion worked for me, it may not have worked for YOU, but it's a lot shorter solution than going through the trouble of re-installing the graphics card.

Suggesting off the bat re-installing the graphics card, when a solution may be easier may not be such a good idea . . . . would you want to go through all the trouble of re-installing a graphics card if there was a possiblility it could be fixed by double-clicking an icon? :headbang:

If a horse crosses the road and you do not see it happen, does that mean mean it never happened?

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 8 15-03-2006 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
well if a horse was crossing the road ..then i would think the chicken crossing the road is wrong ... lol

does the horse talk like MR ed ? doubt people will know who mister ed is hahah dated my age

but i agree skywola why go long route when it could be simple issues. I will keep everyone posted on how to fix it. user added image

# 9 15-03-2006 , 06:20 PM
Mr. Ed? . . . . hahahaha Mr. Ed goes a long ways back, I can barely remember seeing a few of those shows. . . . Chicken probably got run over by someone who didn't see it . . . .

# 10 15-03-2006 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
in the prefs
go to manipulators and put the handle size higher.
that should do it

# 11 15-03-2006 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
vladimirjp

i tried that and didnt work and then i deleted prefs folder. I will try later tonight with unofficial drivers for ati card ... the ones from ati didnt work ..

# 12 15-03-2006 , 06:57 PM

Originally posted by skywola
Gster, ya sound like a monomaniac, all I am suggesting that they try double clicking on the tool icon, if it don't work, that's fine, they can try your suggestion. My suggestion worked for me, it may not have worked for YOU, but it's a lot shorter solution than going through the trouble of re-installing the graphics card.

Suggesting off the bat re-installing the graphics card, when a solution may be easier may not be such a good idea . . . . would you want to go through all the trouble of re-installing a graphics card if there was a possiblility it could be fixed by double-clicking an icon? :headbang:

If a horse crosses the road and you do not see it happen, does that mean mean it never happened?

Monomainiac, Touché, To be honest I was just a little confused what that actually did since I tried all sorts when I had this problem.

Therefore, to me, if you hear the horse crossing the road then you see its on the opposite side of the road you assume its crossed the road

Last edited by gster123; 15-03-2006 at 10:44 PM.
# 13 16-03-2006 , 04:32 AM
Subscriber
well i just went and installed drivers from ATI , that was suggest and didnt work ..

finally i just bought a new video card , gforce 5500 and everything is working fine now ..hope this helps people out

Last edited by mmoore5553; 16-03-2006 at 05:09 AM.
# 14 16-03-2006 , 05:07 AM
5500 isnt very new.. user added image

# 15 16-03-2006 , 05:09 AM
Subscriber
hahah i meant new video card lol hahha