Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-05-2007 , 11:59 PM

Howto: Maya & Avid: combining fields

Greetings,

It now has been a month or so since I am using Maya, sure, for quite some things I still use Lightwave, but slowly we are migrating more and more to Maya, and there was a problem I needed to find a solution for. I found out that not that much was written about this, so now I have found out, I'd like to share my knowledge with you:

In the broadcasting business you often get to work together with Avid machines, and they work with fields. However, there is a little bug, which we first thought was Newtek's fault. But it seems a problem with Avid.

When you import a targa sequence into Avid, for the best performance, you have to render in fields, in Avid you select 'odd-fields' in the Import Options' window but you render 'even-fields' in Maya.

By default, if you render fields in Maya, it outputs seperate files with only the even or odd scanlines. But Avid needs both fields in one image (interlaced). So I made a screenie with the settings for Maya software.

It also includes the values for both widescreen and normal (aspect ratio).

I hope this helps those who wondering how to combine the fields.

All the best,

Pegla

Attached Thumbnails