Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-08-2008 , 09:06 PM

MB - updating timeline ..

usually when a new file is created and some takes are imported the timeline does update itself whenever another take is selected from the dropdown list. but as soon as I saved the file and reopen it the timeline doesn´t update anymore. there are no options anywhere. how can this be fixed? does any1 know?

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 26-08-2008 , 09:43 PM
Hmm, Dunno about that one mate?

Glad your starting to get on with it now, once you get over the quirky bits its a powerful bit of kit, its a shame theres not more tutorials on it. (might do one actually)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-08-2008 , 07:37 PM
the solution is:

click on the time line and press

ctrl + shift + a

# 4 27-08-2008 , 08:25 PM
but another thing.

what is it when Local Blending doesn´t work anymore within the blend area of 2 boneAnims? checking it makes a differrence on the 1-animation-at-a-time-only area. but the blended part is screwed now. I get all this flipping and unreasonable rotations there. that kind of behaviour which was being fixed by activating Local Blend. checking this items doesn´t have any influence now anymore.

did I **** up my character or what? yesterday it did work. now it doesn´t. what´s going on?