View Poll Results: Do you vote for black robe, or witchy
Black robe 7 41.18%
Witchy 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 61 26-05-2003 , 09:15 PM
I hope my bad timing is not a factor in who wins, Im sorry but its a bit confusing trying to figure out when I need to post it here in Scotland.Well Here is my final render, I hope you guys like it but it didnt turn out as good as I wanted it to.I take it we're not allowed to vote for ourselves? user added image Well good luck witchy.Cant wait to see who is victorious user added image Here ya go...user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 62 26-05-2003 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
No you had a while Blackrobe- nice finish and best of luck to you, it's been fun being partnered with you!

# 63 26-05-2003 , 09:30 PM
ye its been good,I hope I get through but I hope you do aswell as I wanna see more of your work!I like being in tourney's they make you work fast and efficiently.Phew, glad Im finished.... user added image

Black_Robe

# 64 26-05-2003 , 09:34 PM
Subscriber
Well if it is you I shall certainly follow the next stage with interest!

As you say glad to get that final render in though- had a few scary moments as GI_Joe kept crashing when I did fog and put a texture on some lights with it, but got there in the end!

Learnt a lot in this challenge (particularly about lighting in GI_Joe as I only got it to do that blue effect previously, but Calligraphics and Brian posted some great tips) which is always good.

# 65 26-05-2003 , 09:39 PM
ye texturing and lighting is my big downpoint.Well Im glad to hear that you'd follow, its a big compliment for me user added image Thanks, Im still a big newbie and learning LOADS.Im glad I found a new tool in Maya, the grow selection tool, it may seem a small tool but it is very helpful when selecting poly's and verts. Cnt wait to find out the results and such....user added imageuser added imageuser added image

Black_Robe

# 66 26-05-2003 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
There's a really good series of UV tutorials on this site which I got, and a mel script for UV wrapping. Both recommended. And GI_Joe is worth getting; it's basic setup is good but you can get some really interesting results messing about with it. Worth working on basic three point lighting first to get the hang of it of course but it's a very interesting tool once you have played with the basics a bit.

# 67 26-05-2003 , 09:56 PM
Yeah well I SHOULD be ordering my copy of Maya 4.5 this week,cant wait! user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image Its 11pm here so I'll prob have to wait till tomorrow for the results...user added image

Black_Robe

# 68 27-05-2003 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
great battle to both of you! Voting is now allowed as both final renders are in user added image. Great efforts!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 69 27-05-2003 , 10:59 AM
what the deal with all the ghey voting for yourself?!Ive not and will not vote for myself. user added image

P.S. Witchy, did you vote for yourself?

Black_Robe

Last edited by Black Robe; 27-05-2003 at 12:00 PM.
# 70 27-05-2003 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber
Didn't think we were doing that. We either have less votes in total as everyone hates us or we haven't done it user added image

# 71 27-05-2003 , 12:36 PM
yup, good user added image

Black_Robe

# 72 28-05-2003 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber
Witchy congratulations... on to the next round.

this was a tough one for me, both models were really great. I agree that these tournements are great to learn from, exspecially that we are forced to finish by the deadline time. plus all you guys are very helpful with constructive critisism.... except that one guy who said my model looked "retarded" user added image

Black Robe- good luck with your new purchase of maya. I'll bet you will be happy to get rid of the PLE Watermark huh?

H!

# 73 28-05-2003 , 03:13 AM
who said your model looked retarded?

# 74 28-05-2003 , 09:34 AM
I DEMAND are rematch!!user added image

Nah, great battle witchy,you did really well, it was neck and neck for a while there. Would be fun to battle again though user added image Congratulations and good luck for the next round user added image

Black_Robe

# 75 28-05-2003 , 09:38 AM
Good battle guys!
Looking forward to another one.