Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 27-08-2003 , 02:50 PM
thanks for the replies guys... A wire? well its really really messy right now, on this truck it was hard to get the curves that I wanted with out tri's. so when you convert to Subd's it looks messy. but, when you convert back to polys at a level of 1 or 2 instead of 0 (to render smooth with GI_Joe) then it cleans it up a bit. THanks,
B

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 47 28-08-2003 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
Brian the model is coming along real nice. That "messy" i think is natural when you convert a poly to subd, when working on standard mode the model keeps a lot of unwanted history.

Best regards:thumbsup:

Life is lived forward but only understood backward
# 48 28-08-2003 , 05:21 AM

car modeling

doe's anyone have a video tutorial on car modeling, it's very
hard to follow the text tutorials on the subject. For instance
after i 've traced the car on the image plane, what do i do to get the surface to build, all i have is the frame and nothing else.

# 49 28-08-2003 , 07:34 AM
man brian how i love your wire frames. keep it up.

# 50 28-08-2003 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
justin i think there's one tutorial on how to make cars coming out here soon, i havn'y heard anything about it for a while. is it still coming kevin?

alex

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 51 31-08-2003 , 05:35 PM
Hey guys.. Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been waiting forever it to rain...it finnaly did user added image So... I decided to go with my original plan and get my truck muddy to use for textures... Here it is user added image I would have like to get it muddier but they said it was going to rain alot tonight so I took the pics when I could... What do you think??? Dirty enough? Now I just need to Get the reflections out of the paint.... Fun. It was fun getting it dirty though...

Brian

BTW thats my Fiance in the Picture user added image much cuter than the truckuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 52 01-09-2003 , 12:32 AM
haha, nice truck, i bet u had fun getting it dirty, and yes it's dirty enough

# 53 01-09-2003 , 02:04 AM
Mmm fiancé....

urr.. i mean... urr Yeah! great tex.... Mmmm Fiance...

# 54 01-09-2003 , 02:09 AM
The Maya Mountain
You are about to be punched. user added image

# 55 01-09-2003 , 02:53 AM

Originally posted by Zyk0tiK
Mmm fiancé....

urr.. i mean... urr Yeah! great tex.... Mmmm Fiance...

Jackass of the day!

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 56 01-09-2003 , 02:54 AM
Aww cummon! don't tell me you buy Car Magazines to ONLY look at the cars user added image

# 57 01-09-2003 , 12:36 PM
Subscriber
bloody yank tanks user added image
--
how excatly u get it so muddy ? looks fun though

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 58 02-09-2003 , 05:40 AM

u da man!!

nice work man, texturing mud is one of most hard thing i might imagine, n i really like da way u r going........

n if possible plz show your wireframe, n mud or texture file for comparisons n others to learn

thnx

u can do it
# 59 02-09-2003 , 08:01 AM
sorry its been a while since I have posted... Took amillon pics of the truck after I got it dirty, then I spent like 3 hrs cleaning the underside of the truck user added image so dirty! it was like brand new clean, then I had like 2-3 in of mud covering everthing. user added image anyways... the next day I went to mess with the textures from the pics... and the pics didn't turn out.. Grrrrrr.....Grrr...user added image I was incredibly aggervated. After all that effort... so what did I do? I went and got it muddy again tonight user added image although its still raining.... hopefully I can still take pics of it tomorrow... I don't think it is supposed to rain that much... So I think it will be ok.. Wonder what the guys at work are going to say when they see memy truck coverend in mud. Its probably more muddy now than when it was in the last pic. I will post a new pic when I get the chance... Thanks,
Brian Anyways.. Talk to ya later,
Brian

user added image now I have to go clean my truck again....

Btw how did I get it so dirty?? I just drove thru a really really saturated dirt road in a construcion area... Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but there was a good 3 in of pure mud.. Pretty fun, but when I went to turn around I almost got stuck twice... once I get some of the new textures started, I will try and show a shaded wire with the textures.

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 02-09-2003 at 08:04 AM.
# 60 02-09-2003 , 03:47 PM
hey guys. it rained very very hard last night... Grr... Well, I think I will still try again tonight to make it dirty....Everytime it gets dirty it rains b4 I can take more pics...Hmmm... I think that i will be able to do it tonight though because it isn't supposed to rain any more... I hope.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!