Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 211 01-06-2004 , 05:27 PM
Oh its nice to see that you are working on that guy again!! And when you will give as big render m8 wee all whant it now!! user added image When is proclaming of winner on that contest??

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 212 01-06-2004 , 05:32 PM
contest ends in about 16 days or so.... I'll render some big renders soon...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 213 01-06-2004 , 09:31 PM
How is it going for howard, he is not posting eather on sm or there on cg site!! Will he finish his work till end of contest??

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 214 01-06-2004 , 10:34 PM
Kevin
see this yestersay and looked through the other contestants... your is surly unique.. 90% of the rest is the ame old women / wires / bot /humanoid etc, but your stands out imo

I love it, your textures have improved 100%

# 215 01-06-2004 , 10:40 PM
Thanks boss man...... I hope i just place well in the challenge...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 216 01-06-2004 , 11:01 PM
Now that I took a closer look at the image, I noticed something;

You should reveal more of where the "real frog" enters the cybernetic body, and also its kinda hard to see that its glasses its wearing..

Just some thoughts..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 217 01-06-2004 , 11:07 PM
this is my first post but damn your frog is looking sexy. You people here are crazy at maya, im just startin out... but yeah great frog man.

# 218 01-06-2004 , 11:07 PM
Thanks Cali I'll see what I can do...

fiftyfive welcome to SM... you will find everyone here is pretty helpful... As far as just starting out in Maya we all started off the same.. just keep practising and you will get better and better...

# 219 11-06-2004 , 05:02 AM
Still fine tweaking.. add a few more tones in the leaves.. almost time to call it done have jsut over a week to wrap it up.

Attached Thumbnails

# 220 11-06-2004 , 07:54 AM
Few days to go till proclaimng and your wining mate user added image is there some work on that contest that are even close to yours?? And are you nervouse??

# 221 11-06-2004 , 09:42 AM
wow - looking amazing...just wondering what's up with the stems that seem to be overlapping the arms. Also, it's a little hard to distinguish between the eyes and the glass frames of the goggles (doesn't guite look like their is glass in the goggles). The metal "mechanical parts" could be shinier/more metallic...but, overall - awesome work!!!!

# 222 11-06-2004 , 03:03 PM
Ankalagon... there are so many cool entries for the contest.. im just hoping i place well. One thing I hope I have going for me is the idea most of the entries are all human wiht cybernetics.. not tomany that use different animals.

Karen thanks for the crit... the stems overlapping in the background are pretty close to reference pictures i have of these little dudes hang out in the real world.

As far as the glass i'm still trying different things... i dont want to put to much color on the lens because i find the red eye is what draws you in to look at him.. if i go darker the eye will lose a lot of that power... I'll keep playing with them.

The metal... the big reason the metal is not shinier is in my mind the more shinier he is the easier it would be for him to stick out for people and predators to see him. The whole concepte for him is that he is used as a spy tool in forest operation for goverments.
So for him to stick out with shinier parts would be bad.

Again thanks and I'll see what improvments I can make before the hand in date.

# 223 11-06-2004 , 10:47 PM
are you neurvose m8??? I sow se of work on conte and thay are not even close to yours!!! But dono there is mutch people on it that i could not stay whole night and watch throuh site to see other works, but i think that you have good chance cos they sad that they whant to see some designe and good ideas, witch mr. kermit is, like you say that there is most of work like human ciborg, there is no too mutch designe in taht, and thats not good idea, you frog on the other side is mostly nice and good designed!!! And i dont say this cos you are mod on this site and cos i am member of this site, i say this cos its truth!!! So yuo will kick some ass bud

# 224 14-06-2004 , 12:15 AM
Well I think we have the final.. added a bit of reflection in the goggle lens and added some color to the leaves.... Need a break from the frog hes starting to talk to me=)

Attached Thumbnails

# 225 14-06-2004 , 12:31 AM
Technical Director
Haha. Great work Kurt. You are definantly going to win this. user added image But as many people have said the legs are just hinges. make some hydrolics, and maybe if you have time a mechanical tounge.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 14-06-2004 at 12:33 AM.