Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 21-03-2013 , 09:08 PM
Technical Director
Sure, I'll give it a try tonight. I just opened the file and took a quick peek.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 17 22-03-2013 , 09:02 PM
The thin red line
Any luck Stwert, I have animated a ramp working(bach also) in MR but was not sure what cylinder and switch were doing for you..............dave

# 18 22-03-2013 , 09:19 PM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks dave, no I haven't got it working, I've been working on another project today. I'm pretty sure it's the switch node that is causing mr to not recognize any animation. It's weird because it should just evaluate the current situation, not infer anything from the previous frame. I did try keying a random attribute on the same texture node to try to "force" the animation to be recognized, but it didn't work, I'll try another tack soon.

Last edited by stwert; 22-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.
# 19 23-03-2013 , 04:04 AM
Technical Director
Sorry that I've been a little tardy, family stuff. Hopefully I'll have something later tonight.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 20 23-03-2013 , 04:28 PM
EduSciVis-er
Done some more tests. This time I have set up the simple case in the same way as my original file, a la this tutorial: https://misterdi.cgpot.com/tutorial/S...ingSwitch.html

The results are interesting. If I key my custom attribute which drives the offset of the place2Dtexture node via the shading switch, I get these results from the various renders (RV is the render view window):

MR: RV: correct, Batch: Static from start frame
MS: RV: correct, Batch: correct
MH: RV: Incorrect (default ramp), Batch: Incorrect (default ramp)

(maya software gets it right)

If I key the noise attribute, to force the renderer to see the animation, I get this:
MR: RV: correct, Batch: Static, only keyed value changes
In other words, the noise attribute is animated, but the offsetV is not.

I tried keying another attribute on the place2Dtexture node itself to see if that made a difference; it did not.