Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-05-2018 , 04:37 PM

Comet Scripts Installation Instruction for MAC

Hello, I am in bloody need to install Comet Scripts I used to run them one by one and add to a shelf. Now I have a great need to have this as a menu.

Here is the step by step install instruction for windows

Quit Maya if it is running.

Un-zip the contents of the scripts to your local sourceable script path for yourself. Typically something like:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\maya\scripts\
will work just fine.

If you wish to have a nice menu for all of these scripts, you want to do a source "cometMenu.mel" ; command. You can set this up to happen automatically in the next few steps.

In your Maya Version script direcory, namely (note this is a different directory than above):
C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\maya\6.0\scripts\
edit (or create if it doesn't exist) a file called userSetup.mel

Add the line:
source "cometMenu.mel" ;
at the end of that file.

Start Maya.

You can read the top of each script file for information as to what they each do, and for more specific help.
The question is what is a route to a folder where I should create userSetup.mel file for MAC.
What do they mean by creating a file, is it a folder? or what
If so where am I supposed to add a line?

kind