Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-05-2003 , 12:16 AM

A question for Danny.....

Hey the name is Kevin and as you can see I am new to this forum, I just have some questions for using your UV texturing layout scripts you had made for maya. Once you assign the different materials to the selected faces of your model, how do you apply a texture map that will cover all the materials that was created from the script? It seems that I would have to go into each material that was created and assign a map to each one and that can be alot of work because alot of materials are created from your script. Another question is when you use the get material script, were can I see the list of materials that are assigned to the polygon model? Thanks for taking the time to create those scripts as I can see them being very helpful for me in unwrapping poly meshes. Peaceuser added image

Let's 3D!!!
# 2 12-05-2003 , 06:24 AM
Kevin,

Just create a new material with your desired texture and apply it to the model. Assuming you've edited your UVs correctly, your texture map should show up just fine.

Regarding getMaterial.mel, you can see the list of materials in the script editor (it also shows up in the command feedback line in the main Maya window).

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 12-05-2003 , 08:52 AM
Thanks man!:banana:

Let's 3D!!!