Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-07-2007 , 04:11 AM

PaintFx Tree Settings

Does anyone know some good settings to create a nice tall Oak Tree and/or Maple tree.

I've spent alot of time adjusting settings to get a good looking tree but I haven't been very successful. I've made some decent looking bushes and other types of trees but these two are giving me a hard time.

This is what I want to do. When I create a house, I want some trees behind the house but taller than the house so they are visible from the front.

If anyone's got some settings I can try out, I'd really appreciate it.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 27-07-2007 , 04:53 AM
I've found its a lot of trail and error mate, worth noting that paint FX trees when converted (if your going to render in mental ray) are very high poly and will crank up render times a lot.

Suppose the best thing to do is play with the settings (have a look in the help files for the different attributes for what you want) and the njust do lots of test renders, I madea spookey tree from a tutorial that looked ok heres a render, all done in maya, it is animated but you get the idea.

edit - If you want e-mail me and ill send you the file

Attached Thumbnails

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-07-2007 , 05:02 AM
Thanks again gster123! Your spooky tree looks pretty good. I'll keep playing with the settings like you mentioned. I'm also searching the internet here and there for information as well as more brushes.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!