Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-08-2007 , 03:44 PM

Skinning

Im sorry to come post here again with my problems but i have been doing a character model and i am at the point where i am rigging him.

I have been following a tutorial intended for a Joan of Arc model but have made my own guy. same basic structure.

well anywho, i have my main body sectioned off and the knee is an individual mesh. i want to post a pic but cant seem to figure out how. (sorry >_<!)

The tutorial states to select the mesh that i want to skin and then shift select the 2 joints that will be affecting that mesh.

but when i do select the joints, it selects all of the joints from what i selected down. I selected the knee and it selected the entire foot. Is there a way to select one individual joint w/o going down the hierarchy?

thank you for looking at this, and if someone can tell me how to post pics i will! thank you!

Last edited by laranis29; 13-08-2007 at 05:39 PM.
# 2 13-08-2007 , 06:20 PM
to post pics go here www.imageshack.us and upload

i havnt seen this joan of arc tutorial but wen u do skinning u select the root joint (top of the hierarchy) which selects all the joints

so from wat i can see u are doing it correctly, watever joint the tutorial is telling u to grab to do skinning that joint should select all the other joints then u bind skin

i hope that's ok i'm still learning myself. good luck user added image

# 3 13-08-2007 , 08:23 PM
well i did do what the tutorial said to, but got bad results, maybe im not doing it right or something. if you can please tell me what im doing wrong =( i only have a few days to finish this up.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

and here is a shot of my character, he has some leg armor which allowed me to separate his main body into sections.

user added image

your help is much appreciated.

Last edited by laranis29; 13-08-2007 at 08:29 PM.
# 4 14-08-2007 , 01:16 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Pressing the up and down arrow will move you up and down in the joint hierarchy.