Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-09-2008 , 03:53 AM

50 dollars for a 5 minutes music video

Pls i need help...i have a video i wanna do in 3d....please can anyone help...i'll pay the person 50 dollars. I know its not enough but at least it will show you aint doing thee job in vain. Its a crunk track. Who will help. listen to the track
on
www.myspace.com/ollydavemusic

pls reply as soon as possible.

Where there is a will, there is a way
# 2 20-09-2008 , 05:26 AM
I don't know... 5 minutes of 3D is a pretty big project...
And you really shouldn't be posting the same thing in several threads in the same forum.
Look for someone who do this professionally. I assure you it won't be 50$ though user added image
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 20-09-2008 , 05:34 AM
Okay...i thot about it....Well...100 dollars. and if i get more money...but lets put our mind on 100 dollars.....Thanx men.

the tracks is I'm Fly on
www.myspace.com/ollydavemusic

If you.re interested...gimme your mail address so i could send it to your box directly and we could talk more on it. Thank you

# 4 22-09-2008 , 06:01 AM
I guess the price would depend much on what you would like to be modeled and animated. 5 minutes of animation is a lot of work, and i'm sure if it's complex, it'll cost a lot.

# 5 27-09-2008 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber
$50/$100 in which currency? O_o

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 04-10-2008 , 09:26 PM

american dollars

100 american dollars.... pls holla @ me in my mail box. ollydave@yahoo.com if you are fully interested so we can chat better.

# 7 05-10-2008 , 01:12 AM
I think you would get a better look for less money if you do something live action with your friends or somthing.

# 8 05-10-2008 , 08:11 PM
The song just needs to be simple....a white background with a few characters and a car @ the back....only a few effects. a very simple video. I'll explain better to anyone interested

# 9 05-10-2008 , 08:31 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I have to agree with LauriePriest there
simple or not, 5 minutes of animating will still take some time

# 10 06-10-2008 , 03:40 AM
Thats true.

Also, measuring complexity with the number of characters, cars, effects isn't accurate.

A hundred 50-poly characters is easier and faster to make than one character built from a million polygons. This would apply to the car as well. As for effects, well, depending on the effect, the complexity to perform each would also vary.

And I haven't gone into animating yet...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 11 06-10-2008 , 07:53 AM
I think i have to analyze the video bit by bit.

The whole song is gonna have 6 characters and good enough they all look alike so you can just make changes on their faces.

There will be 3 scenes.

The first will have a Green white Green Background (Nigeria Flag)a nice packed car and just 3 people in the scene rapping. Just moving. The beat has a slow tempo.

The second scene will be the second verse where the back ground will change to a galaxy(Stars) and 2 people will be in the scene taking the rap in turns, and it will change to the first scene once in a while.

The third will have a background with "OLLYDAVE" written and 3 more characters in it. just rapping and the remaing part of the song will be switching all the scenes....and this things i'm saying should just be simple...you dont need to make it too detailed, just the necessary things.

So just 6 similar characters, 4.12 minutes to be precise. Lets forget about the time to create it for now.

This is the best way i can explain...

# 12 06-10-2008 , 02:28 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
It would be far easier for you to do that in front of a green screen instead of 3d

# 13 06-10-2008 , 10:58 PM
Is it the price that is the problem? cos the video is simple....anyways how much is anyone willing to help me with...a month's job....the best i can go for is 200 dollars....pls i need the video to start on time....lets start the job and not waste time talking about the time.

thats really the best i can do....who is ready.....lets do this people!!!!! Or if the job can be divided into 4 parts so that it wont be stressful for one person....50 dollars for each person.

# 14 07-10-2008 , 12:59 AM
What are you trying to achieve? Are the characters block like? Are they cartoon-like? Are they photo-realistic? How complex is the animation? Is it just rigid movements? Is the rapping going the be jaws moving without any synchronization to words or will there be synchronization? If its all of the low-medium to medium and high quality, then I doubt anyone is going to do it for $50 given the complexity.

It would be far easier to hire a camera and just film it with actors and props. Much more realistic than what 3D is going to result for the same price. I think project like this done commercially will cost a few thousand dollars at the very least.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 15 07-10-2008 , 01:35 AM
Again, especially if you need it by a deadline, look for someone who does this professionally!
Making something in 3D is much, MUCH more complicated then you obviously think.
Therefore, it will not be cheap at all so you might just want to film it and maybe hire someone for some SFX. this should be much cheaper.

One way or another you're going to loose at least 10 times more then you originally intended.
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)