Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 19-07-2010 , 12:50 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

what is wrong with it? looks good to me. some specularity would be nice. also, what do you mean organically modelled

way too lumpy at the back and what i meant by organically modelled is that it looks like it was modelled in zbrush

the textures are great but just alittle bit more time spent tweaking those verts and he will be there

# 17 24-07-2010 , 03:58 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Is it a game model?
Even so I think you should work on it a bit more modeling wise, you don't have to model it in precise detail but the front of the car needs a bit more work.
It's the face of the car if you make a human(oid) game character you alway put in the details as well ( you don't take a sphere scale it in Y and cram a face texture on it do you?)
I have added a jpeg which hopefuly shows what I mean

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 27-07-2010 , 06:58 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.
I've made this car with blueprints...so this is the model...on my opinion I have no modeling errors...Also zbrush can achieve hard and soft edge...so...car is not organically modelled...
I have also highres...is not organically...
I appreciate your opinion , but I think the car is not organically modelled...
I've made the clayrender...criticisms and suggestions welcome
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

'' Great achievements are reached not through strength but by perseverance.'' - Samuel Johnson
# 19 27-07-2010 , 06:59 PM
...another image...

Attached Thumbnails

'' Great achievements are reached not through strength but by perseverance.'' - Samuel Johnson
# 20 02-08-2010 , 02:50 AM
I think the problem seems to be, especially from the rear of the car and around the tail lights is it looks like the car has a series of dents. Looks like a result of the mesh moving in in then back out, although this may match what the blueprints show sometimes the blueprints can be hard to read and may be misleading about the shape.

As a rule most cars have long smooth edges that generally bend to one direction or another eventually but rarely bend in and out in small sections because they want to avoid a "dented" look.

# 21 24-08-2010 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber
You seem to be attempting to do somthing extremely hard!!!

to do justice to this model in a single mesh!

break it up, you will find it a lot easier and more logical.

trust me...i'm a failure

free memory low..exception thrown
# 22 22-09-2010 , 09:06 PM
Hi!
I changed the tyre and soon I'll show you the entire car...

Attached Thumbnails