Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-01-2003 , 12:58 AM
Subscriber

UV painting question.

Hey guys, I am modelling my golem and was wondering that if i went about straightening out the UV's and taking a screenshot and then painting it in PS and attatching it to my original object then that works right? But if i then after that smooth out the object, will that screw up my texture that i made? Thanks.. i wont touch this until i get a reply.. dont want to do it and then figure out I screwed up and lost a hour or more of work. user added image. Ok thanks, user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 30-01-2003 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
Ah, one other thing, does anyone have a nice gold texture? Thanks

# 3 30-01-2003 , 01:20 AM
You don't need to take a screenshot. The UV Texture Editor has a UV snapshot feature that will allow you to save the UV layout as an image file.

It's possible that your UVs will get messed up if you smooth the mesh afterwards. I would highly recommend finalizing the model before doing any UV editing.

Also, check out Craig Daughtry's UV tutorial in the VIP section. It's very good.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 30-01-2003 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
thanks danny, i am probably going to buy some points tonight so i will check that one out user added image. I actually knew about the snapshot.. thats what i meant (heh). Ok well i am trying to find a texture within the program that can go on nicely so that i dont have to go to too much trouble just to make gold bracelet type things. ANyone have a suggestion? Im very bad with textures. I need to get a bracelet type gold ring, so i have the object, yet i dont know how to make the texture or what settings to apply. Can anyone lead me to a tutorial, other than that UV one for now? Thanks