Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-11-2004 , 05:33 PM

Paint effects reflections

Hello, first, I am sorry if I have posted this thread on the wrong forum, but I think it has half to do with rendering and half to do with paint effects and this is more related to rendering, so that’s the reason why the post has been placed here

Before I ask my question, I am very new to Maya (been using this awesome program for around 1 week now!!!!)

I was thinking about making scenes I the future, and I was wondering if certain things would work, and one problem came to mind was that paint effects is a post processed job, so I decided to test out a scene, a ball with grass on it,, and a wall (flat) next to it, the wall has 50% reflectivity applied, and I am rendering with the Maya software render program, (I don’t think mental ray can render paint effects), and of course ray tracing has been enabled. , and due to the fact the paint effects is a post process, the grass that’s on my ball does not show up in the render, just the ball

Now, I really hope that I can get around this, as I have some other really neat ideas that I want to create,, now I have tried a lot, some one said something about mulitpass rendering?, another person said convert to polygons, which is no where near as good as paint effects (yes, even with no poly limit!), and some ones else said something about POV?,( they can’t be talking about point of view can they?)

So, I have done my best and asked this question on a lot of forums, however, this one seems to be one of the most active forums, and I really hope that a high end program like this allows for one of its most powerful features to be useable with reflection and refraction situations

So, if you can help, I would really appreciate this

Thank you to all of you that have read this, and a bigger thank you to all of those that can help

Joe Goss

when i am free from the matrix,

i will free you all !!!