Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-05-2007 , 02:54 AM

Therverian-May-Texture

It's been forever since I've decided to play in one of these challenges...so I think I'll take a crack at a model that I haven't seen used yet...the toon gun. Wish me luck, I'm not a happy camper when it comes to texturing.

(btw does anyone know a good "dumbed down" version of how to do normal mapping?)

The Evolution of Gaming: DNA Studios Online

"I have never met a man so ignorant that I could learn nothing from him" -Galileo-
# 2 14-05-2007 , 10:49 AM
# 3 14-05-2007 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
Best of luck, and tons of fun.
Any questions and I have to direct you to the pro's above hehe.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 4 14-05-2007 , 05:06 PM
well the tutorials are nice, unfortunately the vid-tut is for maya 6.5 lol but I think I can figure out how to apply it to v8.0 lol. I have another friend in the field who gave me his personal tut on how to do normal mapping (I'll be asking him about making it public as well).

I will probably not be using normal mapping on this, seeing as it's so new to me, but I'll give my best shot at making this look unique.

"I have never met a man so ignorant that I could learn nothing from him" -Galileo-
# 5 15-05-2007 , 10:57 PM

# 6 17-05-2007 , 05:33 PM

# 7 17-05-2007 , 05:40 PM
Hi Therverian,
Pretty fast work there dude and very creative.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 8 18-05-2007 , 04:44 AM
Thanks, perfecto, like I said in my first post: "I'm not a happy camper when it comes to texturing" so I tend to do it as quick as I can lol. Generally it takes me a fwe tries to get it right due to this method, but the first run on this model seems to be going well. *crosses fingers*

# 9 22-05-2007 , 05:28 AM