Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 18-12-2002 , 01:09 AM

vertex snapping

alright people im trying to create a new curve over an old one, i know that i could just duplicate it. but im trying to follow a tutorial where i need to vertex snap over the existing one so it becomes the same.

# 2 18-12-2002 , 02:14 PM
just move to the component tool, select the old curve and take your create cv tool, hit 'v' and then it should snap to the old curve points... and there u have your new curve.

# 3 18-12-2002 , 02:54 PM
ive tryed to do this but cannot see my old curve points when i start to use the curve tool

# 4 18-12-2002 , 03:31 PM
then build a curve with the same number of points like the original curve, select both and snap now in the compnonent mode the new cuve points to the old.

# 5 18-12-2002 , 09:15 PM
yer that works but i have to build the new curve stright on top of the other one without building it then moving it.