Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-05-2010 , 07:28 AM
Subscriber

playing tunes whilst using maya

after a big break, started to fiddle around with maya to get back into the game. decided to have some tunes in the background but noticed every second if i panned or moved the camera, the song would skip/delay etc.

anyone know why this is happening or a way around this?

cheers, MJ

# 2 05-05-2010 , 07:40 AM
Hi Marlon,

Sounds like your processor may be maxing out.

Try opeining task manager and see the effect

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 05-05-2010 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber
I always work with winamp and maya open - is no other way to work man - but I never have problems with skipping in my songs

# 4 07-05-2010 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
Hi Marlon,

Sounds like your processor may be maxing out.

Try opeining task manager and see the effect

Cheers

Steve

Hey Steve, how you been!? Ived noticed you have been promoted to Moderator :p

I hope my computer isnt maxing out. Had a look in the task manager and did a test. I roughly can say that at around 10,000 faces, the music starts to get jittery if i try do anything. The CPU usage, only hits around 15% max though and PF Usage is steady at 800mb.

At the moment im using vlc to play my music, tried WMP and still the same effect.

Originally posted by tweetytunes
I always work with winamp and maya open - is no other way to work man - but I never have problems with skipping in my songs

Havnt tried winamp but im going to now. Yeah music is relaxing once working in the background properly.

Hmm... i wonder whats happening...

# 5 07-05-2010 , 09:18 AM
Subscriber
If you lucky your dvd/cd drive may have a play button on the front - if it does you can play music cd`s without using any CPU power at all - but I have not seen that function in a while.

Winamp uses very little resources and is much better than anything else I have tried (and is free)

# 6 07-05-2010 , 10:10 AM
Subscriber
Haha never gave that a thought but unfortunately i dont have a play button. TBH i dont think i've ever seen anyone use that function ever, lol!

And i guess its back to good old winamp. Tried it and no stuffs up. Can run more than 1million faces now and song places well, though maya on the other hand seems to have mini-heart attacks.

user added image