Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-05-2005 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber

NEED URGENT HELP. AM STUCK!! DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Hello to all SH members and staff. Well, i have made a small avi file shwoing my F22 modelled plane rotated. And i want to show this as a part of the demo reel out here so that i can hunt a good job!

But for security reasons, i want to add some text (on the corners or bottom of the avi file) ! that text would have my name so that noone can misuse my file for his advantage. So can u please tell me which software is the best for adding text inside the avi video?

It would be very helpfull for me if anyone can also provide me the link to a tutorial of how to do the above thing.

Thanks,
waiting for reply desperately,
Gautam.

# 2 06-05-2005 , 03:36 PM
I dont know any links but if you have a composting program like after effects you can add the text really easy.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 06-05-2005 , 03:50 PM
I use a compositing program at my school..I don't know if you have access to a compositing program..I personally use apple shake..it's great...I'm sure you can use after effects or any other compositing programs..you can add text or do anything you want to an avi file...hope that helped..and good luck
TheAnswerRP03

# 4 06-05-2005 , 06:05 PM
First of all, stop with the multiple posts...this is the 3rd repeat post! I deleted one in the newbie forum that had no responses and merged the one from maya chat into this one in the members forum...your question belongs here.

As far as your question goes, like everyone else said...any compositing app (after effects, shake, digital fusion, combustion, etc) and probably most video software (ala premiere or final effects) could do it as well. I think the free ones out there are VideoMach and VirtualDub....not sure if they do text but you could google them and find out.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."