Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-04-2014 , 08:18 AM
The Maya Mountain

Simulated hotel environment

It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity or desire to post anything, but I'm pretty happy with how this last project turned out. I was tasked to re-create a real-world hotel (won't say which one as we changed the name, but it'll probably be easy to figure out if you tried). We used photos and blueprints and re-created it to about a 90% accuracy... including the employee-only areas, bathrooms, offices, and storage closets. The only thing we left out was roof access and the elevators (you just "warp" up to whichever floor you choose).

This was for a government training simulation, so I only have a few shots that I'm authorized to show in my portfolio, but hopefully you enjoy them. Our desire was to give this training simulation a bit higher production values than your typical government simulation.

I was on a 2-person environment team. He handled furniture and mechanical props, and I handled most everything else... I created the structures themselves, but also signage, stairs, hand rails, carpets, walls, ceiling lights, lamp posts, etc. This was all done in Unreal 3. Took about 6 months.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

Here are a few photos I found of the real place:

user added image
user added image
user added image

And by the way, I'm recently out of a job, so if you need to simulate a hotel, let me know! user added image

# 2 01-04-2014 , 02:36 PM
Technical Director
Very nice Michael. The exterior looks like Flynn's arcade user added image

What kind of simulation was this for? Hotel simulator 2015? user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 01-04-2014 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
Been too long man.

Great looking stuff there.

Sorry to hear about lack of work - I know that sucks.

# 4 02-04-2014 , 06:07 AM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks, guys.

It was a government contract, creating a training program for first responders.