Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-07-2009 , 08:36 AM

parti_Volume

Hi!
I'm experimenting with the parti_volume shader. Do I have to attach it to a surface shader, or can I just put ot onto another shader like a blinn or something?

# 2 26-07-2009 , 09:19 AM
Hm that parti_Volume shader doesnt work for me....

I made a poly cube and assigned a black surface shader to it. Into the Volume Shading I put in my parti Volume and linked a spotLight to the parti Volume. I rendered it and nothing happens??
Just like a normal spotLight... Any parameter I forgot?

# 3 26-07-2009 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber
what type of particle shape are you using? blobby, tubes, multi streak, other?
what are you rendering in? Software, hardware, mental ray, other?

some particle shapes only show up in software and mental ray, while others only show up in hardware and mental ray
some only did (not now i think) only show up in hardware

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 26-07-2009 , 11:41 AM
Um... can I send you the maya binary file? so you can watch my shading network...

greets kimsay

# 5 26-07-2009 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
umm, you should be able to attach it to a post user added image as long as the file is under the size limit

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D