SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Selection Handle in Restricted Layer Mode

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

17-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
LyrickCZE

Selection Handle in Restricted Layer Mode
Hello guys!

I have a layer containing my whole airship, and I turned on visibility of my selection handle and moved it up a bit. It works.

Problem is when I change my airship layer to reference mode, selection handle no longer works. It is restricted and can't be selected.

I'm following a tutorial on animation, this guy is using Maya 2013 as well, but when he turns his layer to restricted mode, he can still use the selection handle to quickly select that group, which is awesome.

Any ideas what is preventing my handle from acting same?

Thank you for your time!
18-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Ozgalis
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Reference mode is exactly that, for reference. You can't edit anything while it is set to that. At least to my knowledge.
19-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
PixalZA
Lifetime Member

Just select the airship in the outliner window.