Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-07-2005 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber

Image Sequence

Hi, I know this has been asked before and I tried to do this but it doesnt work on my part.

I am trying to matchmove my 3D object to a live plate. I have shot the liveplate and import as TIFF

I've been trying to load background image sequence attached to camera. While I understand i can load TIFF or TGA seqences, I tried it and with 'image sequence' checked, i am still getting a static single image throught the frames.. Is this by software design or is there actually a way to have my image sequence run ?

Thanks

# 2 10-07-2005 , 09:07 AM
what's your frame padding set to?

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 10-07-2005 , 12:03 PM
Subscriber
Are you using Maya 6.0? If so, just checking the 'use image sequence' should load all of the images so you can play them through. If not, simply type in =frame; in the box next to where it says 'frame extension'. Pure_morning's right about frame padding too, try to make sure your using 4 padded 8 bit tiffs.

If your going to be doing some matchmoving, are you using Maya Live? There's a massive thread somewhere on this forum where I've been helping out some people with this. Just do a search for it if your interested. You will need to track the camera if you want to integrate a 3D element with your moving backplate.

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 4 11-07-2005 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
Hello, thanks for the guidance.. all I needed was to have it 4 padded. haha..

It works now.. thanks !