Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-12-2005 , 05:52 PM

Horse and Cart

Hi there. Below is my first modeling venture in Maya. Let me know what you think, but be nice!

...although...if it's really sh*t please do let me know.

p.s. sorry if the render is crap, but I haven't learned anything regarding that yet.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-12-2005 , 05:53 PM
the cart...which is pretty much finished (other than the texturing of course...which I also haven't learned yet!).

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 04-12-2005 , 05:55 PM
The cart took about 2 hours, and the horse took near to 8 hours (I was learning as I went along, and didn't have any front or top reference images either :headbang: )

# 4 04-12-2005 , 06:49 PM
if this is your first work, and you had no front side references, than it is indeed pretty good..
user added image

ps. you think 8 hours is too much? wait. there will soon be a time when you start counting in the units of days and weeks..
and then, 8 hours, a day's work would seem like nothing..

# 5 04-12-2005 , 07:45 PM