Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-06-2006 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber

font and illustrator import into maya

hi,

I've tried to import illustrator .ai files into maya a couple of times now, and it never worked. I think I tried almost every possibilty thereis in changing the import options and the save options in illustrator e.g. save as an older file format and stuff like that. Maya usually imports an empty group or nothing at all. I am using illustrator CS and maya 6.5 unlimited on a mac.

Another problem I've encountered is when using type in maya. First not all my fonts seem to be in maya's fontbook (hence the illustrator question) Second some of them, actually quite a lot, especially the serif fonts come out "crippled" when maya creats the curves. Anyone had the same problems before? Any help or suggestions would be great.