Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-07-2009 , 10:38 PM

Create a nice fur texture

im trying to figure out how to get a nice fur texture (similar to the blue guy in Horton hears a who) for one of my characters. How can I achieve nice results with a bump? Any tips because as of now its not working out. I also have zbrush in my arsenal. This character will also be animated and relatively low poly.

thanks in advance

# 2 11-07-2009 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
how do you mean achieve nice results with a bump You mean having a bump map on the geometry aswell as fur?

# 3 11-07-2009 , 11:25 PM
No fur, unless its possible to convert a fur description into a texture? I was going to use a tillable fur i made in photo shop and create a bump from that or from zbrush

the link below has the type of fur im going for (rendering maya fur is to intensive for my machine so its not an option)

https://www.imdb.com/media/rm3867645440/tt0451079

# 4 12-07-2009 , 12:02 AM
arnel555