Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-07-2004 , 03:55 AM
Subscriber

Rendering problem in MR, surface

I have 2 layered shaders used to texture my tank. They are all lamberts pluged into the layered shaders. The light is IBL with the RNL.hdri probe. In the IBL settings I have under visibility ; primary vis, vis in reflections, vis in refractions un checked. MR is set to the defult production settings with FG rays at 1000. I have I have attached a small quicktime file in a rar to better display my problem. Basiciall As the tank rotates the surface of my tank gets all messed up. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Kassun

Attached Files
File Type: rar tank_rotate_qt.rar (641.4 KB, 289 views)

"The day you stop dreaming is the day you die"

www.kassuns.com
# 2 11-07-2004 , 06:21 AM
Subscriber
Thats odd. Have you tried setting min and max radius for the final gathering manually. this may help. Thats all I can think of at the moment.

# 3 13-07-2004 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
I think you have to create a Texture reference. Assuming you modeled your tank in Polygons. Go to "Edit polygons -> Texture -> Texture reference" Make sure you have the tank selected (object mode) and that it has not been deformed (rotated/moved etc)

Thats all i know user added image
Jamie.