Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 03-08-2008 , 12:13 AM
Subscriber
Lol Tell me about it, no one actually like him, fortunatly you shouldn't have to see him apart from occasionly in the group project where you mix with other courses.

Chris

# 17 03-08-2008 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber
"its OK, BUT it dosen't quite work" man i hated when he said that, nothing was good enough for him

nuts i hate group work, uni students are so unreliable

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 18 03-08-2008 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by pbman
nuts i hate group work, uni students are so unreliable

depends on who you're group partners are.
sometimes you get real good people and you all have the same goals.
or if you're unlucky you get the group of sh**heads who don't actually want to be there but are just doing it to fill in time.
for now i'll assume everyone everywhere is the same and say people in the second year are better than the people in the first, but you still get the unreliable losers

i think it's happening to me right now in my honours year... in our assignment we have to make a mod for hl2 (and believe it or not none of us have actually played the game :p) and one guy has gone MIA...

i should probably actually say something that's on topic shouldn't i....?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 19 03-08-2008 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber
Chirone::: i know what u mean, i had one guy in my group that spent a total of 1hr doing work with the rest of us (me + 1 other) and never done a thing again, we didnt even see him till hand in yet he still wanted full credit.

i find that most people at uni like leaving things to the last minute whereas im the complete opposite, all the solo assignment i would have done and handed in like a week before due so theres no rush, group work gets handed in on date but it still annoys me

# 20 03-08-2008 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
As Chirone mentioned its all about who you get in your group, I got lucky as we only had one guy go walkies (but thats because he actually left the course rather than not caring about the assignment) and everyone wanted to do as much as they possibly could so we did great. But I also know one of the guys off our course had to do pretty much allof it as no-one would ever turn up for him, unfortunatly due to this factor he only got a low pass, just because his group were to lazy.

Chris

# 21 04-08-2008 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber
surely he could have argued his mark though saying that his group didn't do any work
i know two groups who have had someone walk off back to their home country leaving the group in a bad shape
in the first group the guy who walked off had suggested the topic they do, and it was a really hard one... pretty lame eh? :shakehead
the second group had someone replace the guy who walked off but he would be going off in tangents and his writing skills were worse than a 5 year olds...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 22 04-08-2008 , 12:45 PM
If you tell the tutor the situation then they should do soem thing about readjusting the marks, trust me I know they should.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 23 04-08-2008 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
our tutor decided that we should just get on with it as it was possible with only two of us even though it meant more and extra work like compositing when there would have not been there to do it.

there was even a guy who got left by himself although they did give him a bit of an easier ride, it all depends on the tutor though

# 24 04-08-2008 , 11:10 PM
Thats harsh, it should be taken into consideration as a group project means everyone should pull their weight, otherwise theres no point having it as a group porject, if you think you getting a hard ride with it complain to your year tutor (or whatever you have there).

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle