Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-11-2009 , 08:09 AM

suddenly cannot render

Good Day To You,

My Maya is being really weird. I was rendering just fine (using Mentalray) and all of a sudden (just after using the fbxmaya plugin to import an .fbx) nothing can render. I cannot batch render, I cannot render out of the Maya GUI.... I cannot even open up my render settings. I can however still open and close my scene, move all my cameras around and model things. I just cannot render or do anything related to rendering. When I do I get an error in the script editor that reads something like "Error: Object not found: mentalRayGlobals". Only its not just mentalRayGlobals that cannot be found. ALL the nodes that have anything to do with rendering cannot be found.

My theory is that the fbx plugin went and renamed them all and now the maya gui doesnt know what to look for. Somehow my maya installation got ruined also and now when I open a fresh scene I still can't render.

It is like the plugin went and renamed all my render nodes and renamed them PERMANENTLY.

This is going to disrupt my work a little bit. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Existangst

# 2 03-11-2009 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber
Yer I have had this a couple of times, not because of FBX but I found its because of Maya not shutting down probably and messing up the costume settings - The only thing that worked for me was reseting my Maya settings by deleting folder in my Document. (or removong it and then copying some parts back over).

Its a pain in the ass but it works.