Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-01-2004 , 08:00 AM

What i must not miss in your city?

Im starting to plan a trip. Initially i would go to Amsterdam (nearby, as i have some friends and a bed there...user added image ) and maybe after that ill go to London...(got a friend but not sure about the beduser added image) But, hey, It doesnt matters, I want to know what you considier things or places one shouldnt miss if he travels to your city no matter where it is on the world.

You know, half the fun is in the planning, the other half is in not doing what you planned user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 19-01-2004 at 09:35 AM.
# 2 19-01-2004 , 09:24 PM
If you ever make it as far west as Portland Oregon, the Omni-Max theatre at OMSI is a MUST SEE! Saw a movie on rollercoasters there once, its kinda freaky. You realy feel like you on one, because the sceen surrounds you SOO much.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 3 20-01-2004 , 11:34 AM
there's loads of stuff in london: tower of london, london bridge, buckingham palace, framestore-cfc user added image, Marble Arch, Hyde Park, Camden Town (not at night user added image) etc etc what sort of stuff are you interested in? touristy or not?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 20-01-2004 , 12:04 PM
Little town in upstate new york. You ever come here we have the rated second most beautiful lake in the nation. Lake George, Queen of the aderondacks. Not a bad lake in summer. We als have the aderondack mountain range which is really quite nice looking.

But doubtfull your coming all the way out here.

# 5 20-01-2004 , 03:40 PM
well im actually interested on both turistical and non turistical, but the turistical are easy to find on a tourists guide (which ill be buying soonuser added image)so... anyways about the turistical ones... most of the places you name ive heared about, but not camden town whats interesting there?
Not sure if ill finally go there after amsterdam (money/time/bed problems) but one crazy idea i had is visiting all the places from the comic "From hell" user added image

Do you mean that if i go to london i can visit you at framestore without problems? Here when i did practices and visited friends on some big ad and movie postproduction facilities it was like trying to visit fort knox... security guards, magnetic cards and all the stuff...user added image

Ultra: yeah saw that movie here at Imax-Madrid too...cool. Im still waiting to see a good content movie on Imax3d format, tough...

Twisted: yeah, is not probable that i could afford a turistical trip to US soon... But it doesnt matters, i would like to know about all those places scattered arround the world that when you live there youre proud of calling yours. Do you have pictures?

Last edited by dragonfx; 20-01-2004 at 03:51 PM.
# 6 20-01-2004 , 04:15 PM

Do you mean that if i go to london i can visit you at framestore without problems?

fraid not mate, it's the same here no one that's not working on the movie i allowed inside the building (i only threw it in there as a joke user added image)

Camden has a great market on the weekends, apart from that it's a bit of a dive... but it might be ok if you like dirty grimy places that the scum of the earth live in user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 20-01-2004 , 04:56 PM
Here its not impossible "per se" its a matter of the motivation you have to do it and the amount of blathering that you put on the affairuser added image Anyways of the ones i ve been here i can say: "youve seen one, you´ve seen all" Just for curiosity´s sake (and to test a theory) which is the competitor you guys are always "digging?/throwing cutting remarks?" to in all the corporative meals and festivals?user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 21-01-2004 at 12:51 PM.
# 8 21-01-2004 , 05:41 AM
i actually tried looking on google for pics of the lake and the mountains and i couldnt find any decent ones. this summer i shoud snap a few off as it does look beautifull with the blue water with lush green mountains stretching as far as you can see.

This area has a lot of tourist stuff, as Lake george is prominantly a tourist town. good old new york... We have the basics dozens of bars in town, 6-flags, and stuff.

# 9 21-01-2004 , 12:29 PM
Subscriber
Well, if you're stuck in Europe, stop by in Paris... we have a guest room and can show you the sights user added image

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 10 21-01-2004 , 12:44 PM
been there with 14 years... i can barely remind it but i think i liked it (i still remember tour Eiffel, Notre Dame, the dungeons?/catacombs? and the Asterix and Obelix parkuser added image). Take care!, i might take you word on summer!user added image A gril from the university and i are still discussing if well go to greece or france on august (depends primarily on the amount of money we have on july... and i cant speak a word in french even if my life depended on it... but now i think about it i cant speak greek too... you know what i liked the most about Italy? i coud speak in spanish and they on Italian and we still understood each otheruser added image)

On july frist the santiago path on bike... if we´re still alive and with some money greece or Paris, +Eurodisney and/or futuroscope on Poitiers, and the Loira valley castles (maybe a pair of days on holland again) and back...(uh... who has a van?)

I would like to do the elba river castles route and spend a week on prage at the end... maybe next year...

Last edited by dragonfx; 21-01-2004 at 03:44 PM.