Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-09-2004 , 07:54 PM

Creating Environment in Maya5

hello.. im a new user to maya and i would like to find a way to create a realistic environment.. i imported 6 pictures from TERRAGEN (a program for creating environments) but how can i use those pictures in maya.. i created a cube and stuck all those pics on the four faces on the side of the cube i got a nice environment but the cube edges are showing though as u can c in the picture attached.. it shows that im standing in a cube.. anybody has a suggestion or a better way for creating a nice realistic environment in maya .... hope to have an answer.. thanx.

Attached Images

SAMPAIO
# 2 02-09-2004 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber
You could merge all those pictures in something like photoshop and then apply the new imadge onto a sphere.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 02-09-2004 , 08:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, a sphere would probably be better then a cube.

# 4 02-09-2004 , 09:45 PM

sampaio

ok. ur right guys but the sphere is not giving me the right look.. i mean that ok.. i combined hose pics into one long pic.. alright? when i stick it on a sphere, the sphere scrambles the image.. u know it makes it small from the top and bottom and large from the middle.. i hope u understand what i mean.. im not so familiar with texturing but thats whats happening.. i select the sphere ------> assign new material ---> lambert ---> open file --> select folder ---> select image , and its on the sphere BUT image is not in a good shape.

SAMPAIO
# 5 02-09-2004 , 09:56 PM
The Maya Mountain
Might need to look into UV mapping to adjust how the texture displays.