Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 23-05-2010 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber
No, it looks like a great, great course. Yes, I saw that it had 'many parts' before I ordered it. What I did not expect is that it didn't follow the suit of all other tutorial sites, in that those were not individual chapters. They are pieces of a whole that must be recombined to make a whole.

Now, as far as the file names. No, not behaving.

When I hit save as, EVERY file wants to save as vip_tutorial.pl. I am using Firefox 3.0.1.9 on Vista 32 bit. I actually almost don't mind renaming them if I had the EXACT name that the merger application would expect. Please advise... AND thank you for the very quick turnaround...

# 32 24-05-2010 , 02:51 AM
You shouldn't right-click 'save as.' Just click the link normally and you should get a popup dialog box asking whether you want to open or save the zip file.

The text on the download page that talks about splitting the file up only refers to if you set the "split file into" drop down menu (at the top of the page) to something other than the default. If the box says "don't split file" then each part you download will contain it's own zip with full avi file along with any supporting source docs.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 33 24-05-2010 , 03:41 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the info, the files are now coming down with the proper names.

FYI: these are the instructions right next to the file:

"To download right click select Save Target As..."

may want to remove that for morons like me...

Thanks.

# 34 24-05-2010 , 04:24 AM
Subscriber
AVI?? let me guess, these are just created before the web video revolution? Get these things into FLV or F4V!

1) reduced dowloads!
2) reduced number of files (50 into 5 or 6)!

Just sayin yo... just sayin... for 50.00, kind of don't want a 2 hour dowloading and assembling project for the content...

am I crazy or?

# 35 15-06-2010 , 02:15 PM
Technical Director
Can't log in from the main page. It says "You must enter a username"

I have to log in by trying to reply to a post.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 36 28-06-2010 , 03:57 AM
Lifetime Member
unable to recover lost password. It does not work at all.

so those who forgot passwords are out of luck til this gets fixed

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 37 08-07-2010 , 04:04 PM
Downloads not working

# 38 12-07-2010 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber