Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-07-2005 , 01:20 PM

Quick question, Maya PLE to Maya

1. I have Maya PLE but plan to switch to the real Maya sometime in the future. Are the files from Maya PLE totally different than those in the regular Maya?

I dont want to make a bunch of Models in PLE and then have them not work in the real Maya, so I was curious if anyone knows? Any help would be great!!

Also...
2. Has anyone heard anything about Maya 7?

3. I had a problem batch rendering... when I try to batch render it says, "Cannot find an available port". Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks so much guys!!!!

I knew I could come here and ask these difficult questions because there are a lot of knowledgable Maya users here

# 2 19-07-2005 , 01:22 PM

# 3 19-07-2005 , 01:28 PM
Thanks. I wonder if the Batch render won't work because I have Maya PLE

# 4 19-07-2005 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
Maya and PLE use two completely different formats. Maybe try to convert your PLE into .X or something, and then try to open that into maya.

# 5 19-07-2005 , 06:00 PM
PLE is closed. You can't import or export any file formats other than .mp. If they allowed .x, then you'd be able to use PLE (free) in a production pipeline, and that's not good for Maya's bottom line.

# 6 19-07-2005 , 08:00 PM
Oh ok, thanks guys