Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-11-2002 , 10:00 AM
Kevin

People who join on bogas names!

I receive so many emails every day from people who do this!

They realise they have to join up to download the free movies, mels, shaders etc etc... then when they realise that the board is pretty dam good and dont want to be known as "dyavytrufjfim".

So they email me saying something along these lines. "I signed up on a different email, my pc crashed, all hell has broken lose etc etc... can you change my nick as I slipped on my keyboard"?

Up to now I have spent approx 2 hrs a day doing exactly this.... Or people are signing on a bogus email and so cannot complete the registration as they need to click the link sent to there mail to make them active members....When they say they have changed there mail and I check the one they signed on ..it is usually something like this: jknvfjkgnfjkbvbvkscbvfvjsbkv@fhddjks...asdvjk sf.com

So this is just a little warning... I will be fixing NO MORE!

I will of course fix those that do have credable problems but I will first look to see if they have done any of the above. If they have then I will NOT even reply to them!

If you decide that you have screwed up then you will have to resign on a correct name and email...

So please guys some common sense! How can I work to make this site better for our users if I spend 2 hrs (and growing) on fixing your stupidity?

Many thanks for listening and welcome to SM user added image

# 2 12-11-2002 , 11:15 AM
hmm...how about stickying this? just a thought...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 12-11-2002 , 11:26 AM
Kevin
its ok ...ill bump it all day just to get people to see user added image

# 4 15-11-2002 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
I am new to this site so I dont want to sound like I am coming aff as a smart *** But I do that some times because how many of you have tried to download anythig out thier and they all want an email adderss then BAM spam spam spam.

I just pick my sites accordingly.

when I download a trial version from ****.com i use
iytoqurt@fhkdshf.com If I join a forum I use my correct email

Just my input

Sorry if I offend anyone

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 5 15-11-2002 , 12:56 AM
SM Tea Boy
Hey joe know exactly what you mean iv been known to do the same myself from time to time

Heres are official company policy on SPAM we hate it, we host sites for other people and just about the only thing you can do with one of our vhosts that will get your ass kicked off is mass mailing.

So there you go we hate spam and pop up bloody adverts to user added image

any way its not the fact i don't think that Kev's annoyed with ppl joining with bogus e-mails its just if you do join with a bogus mail you wont be able to download anything, so rather than re-sign they PM me and Kev saying hey look my finger slipped and my e-mail accidently came out as lskdjfsdhkjh@dslkfhkhsdf.com when it should have been david@primaryserver.org can you fix it for me please.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 15-11-2002 , 01:13 AM
can i change my...

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 7 15-11-2002 , 01:30 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by laz
can i change my...

name and run and hide, why yes you can just e-mail Kev and tell him you have accidently entered your username as kjdshf ewruj sdknf and you would like him to fix it :p

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 15-11-2002 , 01:31 AM
you guys are rough.

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 9 15-11-2002 , 01:37 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by laz
you guys are rough.

LOL dont tell me you seen them pics of kev after a few pints?

# 10 15-11-2002 , 03:01 AM

But I do that some times because how many of you have tried to download anythig out thier and they all want an email adderss then BAM spam spam spam.

Ever try setting up a hotmail or yahoo account for stuff like this? I do. I sign up under my hotmail account first, then, if I like it and dont get spammed, I'll set up an account under my real email address.

Simple.

As for you, Kevin... delete their bogus account and tell them to rejoin again. Why should you do all the work for their f**kup?

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 11 15-11-2002 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber

Ever try setting up a hotmail or yahoo account for stuff like this? I do. I sign up under my hotmail account first, then, if I like it and dont get spammed, I'll set up an account under my real email address.

sure I have as a matter of fact I have 10 different email addresses to check per day and 2 internet accounts at my disposal.

as I stated b4 on forums like this I use a correct name!
BUT on some download sites I dont think they need to have my email address(even if it is an extra) I just dont want junk mail to flow. AND DOES IT FLOW!user added image

APPROX 300 spams per day

My New Site MayaFx.com

Last edited by 3djoe; 15-11-2002 at 03:23 AM.
# 12 15-11-2002 , 05:54 AM
Subscriber
3DJoe... hey! another Buzz-er here user added image

I think a lot of people from Buzz are around here now days...user added image

-Emo

# 13 15-11-2002 , 06:04 AM
SM Alumni

Originally posted by Emo
3DJoe... hey! another Buzz-er here user added image

I think a lot of people from Buzz are around here now days...user added image

-Emo

I should think so too!!!!
It's a lot better hereuser added image

gimme everything u got
# 14 15-11-2002 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kreed_UK
I should think so too!!!!
It's a lot better hereuser added image

its' better for us Maya freaks! user added image

over there we are all :argue: over MAX vs Maya every week user added image

-Emo

# 15 15-11-2002 , 01:59 PM
Subscriber
Nice to see you Emo

I like it here it is great for my maya questions:p

But I Like Buzz also because I am also a Max user for 2 years before purchasing Maya:yipee:

My New Site MayaFx.com