Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-11-2011 , 04:45 AM

Exporting & Importing

I need someone to point me in the direction or help me find some guides tutorials on how to export and import properly. Please and thanks.

I'm having trouble when I export something and im trying to put it together in Sony Vegas or Windows Live Maker, I can't seem to find a .____ that can be used in those programs.

# 2 17-11-2011 , 05:52 AM
Technical Director
You mean renders? Your request is pretty vague. If you're looking through File>Export, you're in the wrong place. File>Export exports the 3d geometry of the scene. If you want images, you're going to have to render that scene out.

Here's a quick tutorial:

Maya Batch Rendering Tutorial - YouTube

On another note, 2000 posts!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-11-2011 , 05:46 PM
Sorry about that ;S
The video you gave me works out well the problem I have is in the video the guy uses Quicktime to view his rendered images. I don't quicktime and was wondering what OTHER options there would be besides quicktime.

Also do you have to render different image formats depending on what you make?

example : can I use .jpg for everything I render out or no?

or can you use 1 type of image format for everything you make.

# 4 17-11-2011 , 06:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
It depends on what software you want to use to edit. You mentioned Sony Vegas... figure out what image formats it handles and go from there. I think VirtualDub is a free program to view image sequences.

# 5 17-11-2011 , 06:33 PM
The Nurb Herd
yeah jpg would be fine for what you are doing.

use fcheck.