Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-09-2002 , 09:40 AM
Kevin

Kevs Mech

Well since it is "time of the mechs " lol Im going to post this wip up, I done the leg ages ago, but have since made a few mods on it...

I am working on a top body shape from an idea that dan has done in VIP area.. not sure if Im going to end up with a smooth look on top but I think the crisp crome look is beggin for a sharper more agressive look...

anyway, I have done a couple of shots so you can all see what I mean ... just looking for some feedback really... I havn't added any material to the body as I like to material when Im happy user added image

This time I really am going to finish this little sod as I want to animate him... just struggling for time as per usual user added image

cheers

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 30-09-2002 , 10:08 AM
very goog, legs are awesome !

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 3 30-09-2002 , 12:56 PM
Supreme Being
lookin' nice kev.. :p

# 4 30-09-2002 , 01:06 PM
Subscriber
kevin the mech`s leg is very nice i can`t wait to see the head finisheduser added image

Luis

# 5 30-09-2002 , 01:07 PM
Subscriber
PS: You could do an awsome animation with that model

# 6 30-09-2002 , 01:17 PM
kev and luislf: Maybe you could set up a mech fight, kev's mech vs luislf's at-st user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 30-09-2002 , 01:18 PM
Supreme Being
hehe.. lol, i would like to see that.. :p

# 8 30-09-2002 , 01:21 PM
Kevin
great idea guys lol

well I am going for a meaner look so....

please forgive the texture error arround the window, I just slapped it on for a preview..

comments / crits welcome

user added image

# 9 30-09-2002 , 01:22 PM
Subscriber
Hehehe:p

It could be very interesting

# 10 30-09-2002 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
Kevin in my opinion i think that some tubes on the leg`s mechanical parts would be great

# 11 30-09-2002 , 01:28 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by luistlf
Kevin in my opinion i think that some tubes on the leg`s mechanical parts would be great

yep I already have some plans in progress....as well as the guns..

I will get the top body a little more done then I will add some extras user added image

its gonna be ready for battle soon user added image so get that at-st ready dude!!

# 12 30-09-2002 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
user added image Kevin this could be the fight of the century

# 13 30-09-2002 , 01:34 PM
Kevin
I rekon we should go "pay per view" user added image

On a more serious note.... Is your charactor rigged and ready? as as soon as I am done we can do some kind of scene where my mech blows your AT up user added image

that would be so cool!!

# 14 30-09-2002 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
Heheuser added image I don`t think ILM would like that user added image user added image

talking serious now, my AT-ST is ready for animate i`ve tried to recreate his original movements but i have`t notinhg realy nice yet , but we could do it OH YEAH:banana:

# 15 30-09-2002 , 02:59 PM
Kevin
2 legs and some little 'ol' guns user added image

going to do some detail now... like some wires / pipes etc

what I have also done from the norm is place a pivot area on the ankles so it will still spin around... normally I would have put this in the middle area but decided to be different...

I may put a rocket launcher from the head... and I will turn the reflectivness down a bit as it is a little to much atm...

dam that AT is going to get the splatting of his life user added image

hope you guys like it user added image

user added image