Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-02-2005 , 09:52 PM
The Maya Mountain

Game Art Challenge Final NEWBIE Entries!

Post your finals here! Only final entries, please. If you'd like to comment on them, please do so at their original thread.

Final entires should be no larger than 640x480. If you'd like to post larger images, please link to them from your own hosting. Feel free to post wires, texture maps, etc and describe your entry.

Thanks!

# 2 27-02-2005 , 09:32 AM
Time is running out so here is my final entry. A tough post apocalyptic warrior girl whom you don't wanna mess with.

I'm pleased with the result, as it was my first attempt at a human character, and also my first attempt at low poly. I tried to keep the whole thing below 3500 triangles. She is at 3220 triangles (mostly the head and the hands), and the knife is 128 triangles. Textures are 512*512 for body, 512*512 for hair, and 256*256 for the knife. if anyone wants i'll post up wires and textures.

I've gotta say that i really learnt a lot doing this challange. I learnt how to lay out the uvs (previously i just didn't use any file textures) and how to paint different types of textures, skin tone, hair metal. Also i learnt a decent amout about human character modelling and also a lot about rigging. For anyone who cares, this character has reverse foot controls, ik/fk switching for the arms and a ful set of phenome blend shapes. I even tried some lip sinc and walk cycles for this character that maybe i'll post at another time.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 27-02-2005 , 09:35 AM

My entry

Here is my entry , a demon master with his pet. the demon has less than 3500 tris and the pet has less than 3500 tris too , soo both of them total ~6900 tris (I tryed to push myself to the low limit of tris). This picture is a picture of the 2 in a level , to show how they could be use in a game.If you want to see more details about the creation and bigger pics try my thread in the forum.I really enjoyed this challange , but I must say I would have loved more people to reply my posts..

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 28-02-2005 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber
Sadly, I won't be able to finish this since Maya crashes whenever I try to map with Hardware Texturing turned on, so I can't finish it tonight as I had planned, but I thought I'd post anyway...

If this doesn't count as a final entry, just disregard this post

Polycount:
Char: 2454
Sword: 244
Total: 2698

Attached Thumbnails

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 28-02-2005 , 06:33 PM
Lifetime Member
I had fun building and imagining this strange craft. I might continue it in a WIP but for now it is VERY unfinished.

The main thing is I learnt a lot about UV texturing and also how to layout UVs ready for texturing.

Good luck all,

Mark user added image

P.S. Mike, great book!

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 28-02-2005 , 09:53 PM
I had fun building master chief. I might continue it in a WIP but for now it is VERY unfinished.

The main thing is I learnt a lot about photo shopping lol and also how to layout UVs ready for texturing.

remember guys: It`s all about fun!!!

Dragnhawk

But i might mention that i have remained the 640*460 ( i might get extra points for it user added image ) and i am under the maximum poly allowance...

for the poly count check my thread....

I have 3 maps à 1024x1024:

for bump colour and spec for the head and
2x 512x512 maps for bump and colour for the body

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Dragonhawk; 01-03-2005 at 03:47 PM.
# 7 28-02-2005 , 10:26 PM
Technical Director
Well heres mine. all 1846 tris of it.

Attached Images

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 8 01-03-2005 , 02:02 AM
Here is my final entry. I had a couple of big pictures so I decided to link them to my own hosted webpage.

If anyone wants to see the wireframe just tell me and i'll post that too. Anything else an i'll see what I can put together.

https://mayakid14.tripod.com/mayakidsgallery/

I hope you didn't waste your time reading this line.
# 9 01-03-2005 , 02:08 AM
Here is my final entry. I had a couple of large pictures so i decided to link then to my own hosted webpage.

If anyone wants to see a wireframe then just tell me.
Also tell me If you need anything else for me to add to my entry.

https://mayakid14.tripod.com/mayakidsgallery/

I hope you didn't waste your time reading this line.