Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-02-2006 , 04:49 PM

Modelling a fish tank

Does anybody know how to make a realistic fish tank cos at the moment mines terrible i am trying to make the water convincing but when I did it in dynamics you had to use play every frame and that didn't work for my animation

please help
:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-03-2006 , 03:21 AM
there would be a number of useful things to actually know here....

1) what are you using dynamics for? and as part of this, why doesn't this work for your animation?

2) Is that the final fish tank, or are you going to make a different one later? (this spools into a number of refraction questions....)

3) If you haven't thought of this already, it would be best to have a seperate shader for the tank itself, and something else for 'underwater', cause the water shouldn't come all the way to the top of the tank.... Currently it looks like you're trying to make the tank an underwater color, when it should be much lighter...