Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2006 , 10:58 AM

Extruding Faces BIG Problem !

Hi everybody !

I am working now on the yeti project and I have problem in part 2 in Disc 1 when I need to extrude faces to do the fist of the yeti.

When I am exturding everything is OK but when I smooth my polygon the fingers of the Yeti split to two parts just the extruded polygons to this problem .

Please help me !

# 2 25-03-2006 , 03:38 PM
you might not of had keep faces together on, or u have duplicated the faces twice. Try firstly selecting the verts in that area and doing a merge, with a low tolerance, then do a poly cleanup and toggle the faces with zero area and zero edge length, failing that working post a pic so i can see the problem

# 3 25-03-2006 , 04:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, I agree, sounds like Keep Faces Togther (under Polygons > Options) was left turned off when you did the extrude.