Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-03-2007 , 11:57 PM

Does anyone like it?

I haven't been able to think of something for the horns, so if anyone could help me out? What texture, all that jazz . . .
I downloaded the model of a sort of doom-like <goblin?>
Just added some basic fire and made some sucky mats, but was wondering what advice you guys might have for me?

EDIT: Aack, sorry I didn't realise how large that picture was.
Sorry!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-03-2007 , 12:20 AM
Senior Software Developer
Lighting, it needs a lot more lighting. Your concept is good and I like it. Keep it up.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 02-03-2007 , 04:46 PM
Ok, I downloaded that model, and I've just found the mats that he used ( SO much better than mine )
Im adding lighting, and I'm making fire come out of the eyes, added horns.
Will update picture in a moment.
P.S. How should I post the picture? I don't have my own website, so I can't post one like that. Can I make it available for download?

EDIT***: I'm using a tutorial on making a 'ring of fire', but whenever I render it the fire particles are just black. I have been trying to tweak it and see what makes it visible, but nothing changes.
Any ideas?

Last edited by bobalie; 02-03-2007 at 05:04 PM.
# 4 02-03-2007 , 05:18 PM
For Fire I would use fluids, if your after a really realistic look to it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 02-03-2007 , 05:27 PM
Only thing is, I don't know how to use fluids. Any good tutorials that you know of?

# 6 03-03-2007 , 07:49 AM
PM me whith your e-mail and i'll send you a word doc with a little tut that I did for a flame using fluids

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 03-03-2007 , 09:49 PM

# 8 03-03-2007 , 10:14 PM
Well, I've been fidling around a little with the mats, added horns and a little horn/stubble user added image
Still haven't don the fire, but I will take gster123's suggestion and use fluids. Thank you for all your help, its still a work in progress, don't go away.

# 9 03-03-2007 , 10:17 PM
Well, I've been fidling around a little with the mats, added horns and a little horn/stubble user added image
Still haven't don the fire, but I will take gster123's suggestion and use fluids. Thank you for all your help, its still a work in progress, don't go away!

EDIT***: Also, I was thinking of . . . geez I forget the word, basically lip sync this guy, where and how would I do that? You guys know any easy tutorials?

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 03-03-2007 , 11:07 PM
Also, I just did a fluid fire effect tut, it was great although SO confusing! (fluids i mean) 0.0
Heres a pic! I'm just about to try it out on my guys eyes or something. maybe horns?

# 11 03-03-2007 , 11:42 PM
sorry, the fluids didn't work, my comp shut down on me and nothing was saved. :S However! This seemed to work more, took no time at all, and is just a particle effect! I give you, Fire!

Attached Thumbnails