Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-02-2008 , 04:38 AM

Shapes - School Project

I have to do a project for math class in school (Very Retarded!!) I have to create a small book about shapes which will be read to 5th graders. I have to teach them about shapes, and i can illustrate it. My math teacher is the devils butt baby and she said we can CG the illustrations. she probably means making squares in Paint, but im making it in Maya, the ultimate CG. Atleast 10 pages, and i just finished the cover.
Its due in like a week so im reusing my RollerToy creation, concentrating on lighting and atmosphere. using photoshop a good deal
user added image

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 2 21-02-2008 , 05:01 AM
That's a great project and keep it up! hope more!

user added image

# 3 22-02-2008 , 11:05 PM
Thanks lealar!
user added image
user added image
this is page 3 & 4, each image is Very similar since the object just changes design in each frame. lmk!
Keep in mind, its written for 2nd-5th graders!
"Pg.3 He created the Dimensional Manipulator. A machine that manipulates a point, to form 2D, 3D, and 4D objects. A point defines an exact location in space. It has no area, length, or depth making it zero dimensional. A point is represented by a small sphere in this picture.
pg4. Alan pressed a button on the Dimensional Manipulator, the point stretched and changed shape to create a 1D line. Since a line is infinitely long, it rapidly extended outward at both ends. Alan panicked and pressed another button."

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 22-02-2008 at 11:08 PM.
# 4 23-02-2008 , 03:13 AM
Looking good.

That's for 2nd graders? 2nd grade in what? Physics at Uni ahaha. Well worded but are you sure kids will understand any of that?

Nice work either way user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 5 23-02-2008 , 04:14 PM
the images do look nice, but i'd be careful when trying to represent a point by using a sphere, especially one that large. i think instead i'd make a planar from a nurbs circle that has a material with no specularity or reflectivity, and then also create an insert for the page with a zoom-in to where the point would be (so that way they realize a point is so infintesimally small that it doesn't have any measurements - but you're zooming in so they can see it).

otherwise they just see a shiny glowing blue sphere, which is what i thought you were showing us until i read the text below it.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 28-02-2008 , 02:51 AM
haha yeah i forgot about the 2nd graders... ill change that around. With the point, i completely agree, no reflection or specularity. The zoom in would be very helpful too! thanks!

Last edited by kinddoggofwar; 02-03-2008 at 09:08 PM.