Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 04-09-2008 , 12:53 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Update

Jay

user added image

# 62 04-09-2008 , 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Those look kinda slutty, I like those. lol :p

- Genny
# 63 04-09-2008 , 10:30 PM
Subscriber
are you saying something about yourself there, gect? :p

nice boots, you should throw on a whole heap of belts or something on them too user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 64 05-09-2008 , 04:04 AM
Thanks peeps

Yeah there will be buckles put on each strap down the front.

The boots will be black and red patent leather, so yeah kinda slutty but fun too LOLuser added image

Gect: I sent you a network invitation to my portfolio over at cg society, check your email for it.

cheers
Jay

# 65 05-09-2008 , 07:20 AM
Nice one Jay

I just remembered, I used to work with a guy, who's last name was Quinn, when his wife gave birth to his daughter they called her Holly!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 66 05-09-2008 , 09:52 AM
Hey Steve

thanks dude

haha thats cool! But it could be real sad like my best buddy, we are both big star wars fans, I mean total geek fest and all that crap, but he's a big Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia fan and called his eldest daughter Leia and his youngest Carrie. I just couldnt do that. It was bad enough trying to get my wife to agree on calling our daughter Olivia (which I won in the end) so calling a child something from a movie would really suck!

Its like these people who name their kids after places where they were concieved, lets call it Bognor Regis!! or Grimsby town.

I think if you live in the states you can get away with it a bit more as there are some interesting named places out there.

LOL, will update later

Jay

# 67 05-09-2008 , 10:18 AM
Haha, yeah mate, The whole thing about naming kids after were they were conceived is a bit mental. Can imagine in 12 or so years on Jeremy Kyle that theres going to be people on there called really stupid names, Back of the Spar, Football field etc!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 68 05-09-2008 , 12:13 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looks great Jay!

Speaking of weird names... It was on the news a couple weeks back. One couple called their new born, Miller Lyte. :headbang:

I don't know what they were thinking.... well, then again...

They were probably at a bar getting plastered, when she went into labor. They got to the hospital.. Had the baby, and Nurse probably said 'What do you want to call him' The husband most likely (in his drunken stupor) couldn't for the life of him think of a name... He most likely then started looking around the room nervously (Looking for someone/something to tell him what to say) then he probably looked down trying to think.... and that's when he saw the bottle still in his hand from the bar... Then it hit him... 'Uh.. Miller, Yeah.. Miller Light.'
Then nurse probably responded 'You can't call your son Miller Light, It's a Copyrighted name' To which he more than likely responded ' S#!@, Uhh, well can we change it from 'Light' to 'Lyte' ' .....

That's just a theory.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 69 05-09-2008 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber
looking great bro. sorry won't be a long post for my bi yearly stop by this time browsing on a pda sucks. be glad when I get my rig back online again. ill check back in on this soon can't wait to see it fully developed bro hope all is well with you and yours bro. G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 70 05-09-2008 , 02:17 PM
thanks Mayaniac

yeah people suck for sure man

G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG man great to have you back in town mate!!! Damn its been forever!!! Well get your rig back up and get on MSN. Let me know via email or PM me here...

Jay

# 71 05-09-2008 , 02:50 PM
Beautiful meshes, Jay. I'm always amazed by the wires I see here. One day, maybe :< I think the hair fits (or will fit) her nicely. Definitely out of the ordinary!

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 72 05-09-2008 , 02:56 PM
Thank you Peter,

thanks for the kind words, Im always very conscientious with meshes, it will all come together eventually. Its one of those projects Ive been busting to do for ages so Im hoping it will see the light of day sooner rather than later.

cheers
Jay

# 73 05-09-2008 , 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jay
Thanks peeps

Yeah there will be buckles put on each strap down the front.

The boots will be black and red patent leather, so yeah kinda slutty but fun too LOLuser added image

Gect: I sent you a network invitation to my portfolio over at cg society, check your email for it.

cheers
Jay

K, got it user added image

- Genny
# 74 05-09-2008 , 02:58 PM
Genny

Cool....hopefully you'll get your images seen by more people too.

user added image

jay

# 75 05-09-2008 , 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you Jay, for some reason I got a refreshed drive lately and I'm overly excited about 3D again yay. Keep the updates coming :x

- Genny