Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 04-10-2013 , 07:24 PM
SM Tea Boy

New Tutorial: Realistic Outdoor Environments

AKA mental ray - Exteriors Volume Two

I've had this one in the pipeline for a very long time now, finally had chance to finish it of.

https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...ts/?tut_id=350

At 11 hours long it's the most involved tutorial i've worked on for SimplyMaya. Also one of the best, but hey i'm bias so check it out for yourself.

David user added image

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 04-10-2013 , 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
Looking very nice David, very nice! I enjoy the third image the most, has an extra fresh and soothing vibe going on.

- Genny
# 3 05-10-2013 , 09:41 AM
SM Tea Boy
Thanks Gen this one took me a while, in fact i feel like i've spent half my life on it user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 07-10-2013 , 08:15 PM
Lifetime Member
David the encode has problems 17 minutes into part 21, you need to take a look and remake.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 07-10-2013 , 08:32 PM
SM Tea Boy
Thank you very much for the heads up i'm downloading it now and taking a look. My copy is fine so it may have been damaged in the upload.

Thanks again.
David

# 6 07-10-2013 , 08:37 PM
SM Tea Boy
Seems to be a couple of minutes of audio missing no idea how that happened. Fixed version of part 21 will be online in a couple of hours. Sorry about that.

Thanks again for the heads up.

# 7 07-10-2013 , 08:42 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks David , great tutorial btw , i was thinking of doing one on this subject myself .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 8 07-10-2013 , 10:49 PM
SM Tea Boy
Part 21 has been fixed thanks again for letting me know. Glad you liked the tutorial it was a long time in the making.

Cheers
Dave

# 9 30-11-2013 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
I want to purchase this tutorial but is it possible to follow this tutorial with an another renderer (arnold) cause i do not want to use mentalRay. Thanks.

# 10 05-12-2013 , 05:47 AM
Technical Director

I want to purchase this tutorial but is it possible to follow this tutorial with an another renderer (arnold) cause i do not want to use mentalRay. Thanks.

All concepts can be done with the renderer of your choice.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 11 25-05-2018 , 08:24 PM

AKA mental ray - Exteriors Volume Two

I've had this one in the pipeline for a very long time now, finally had chance to finish it of.

https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...ts/?tut_id=350

At 11 hours long it's the most involved tutorial i've worked on for SimplyMaya. Also one of the best, but hey i'm bias so check it out for yourself.

David user added image

hello my friend ,
i have problem with tutorial part 5 , then he said import the script in maya ,
i do not know how to import , please help me , immediately, please